We can’t be the only ones who used to love Jam Tarts when we were little. Easy to make, we’d messily roll out leftover bits of pasty and fill them with jam. What we usually ended up with was slightly sugar burnt pasty and over boiled jam centres, but they were yummy nonetheless.
We’ve given the humble Jam Tart a bit of an upgrade here. Gluten and butter filled pastry is replaced by an amazing almond and oat crust and filled with yummy CHAM.
The recipe uses Oat Flour (combined with ground almonds) for the crust. While you can buy Oat Flour, it’s often cheaper to grind your own oats in the Nutri bullet.
Makes 10 tarts. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 100g Oat Flour
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Powder
- Pinch Bicarbonate of Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 10 very generous tbsp of CHAM (pick your favourite flavours!)
- Combine the ground almonds, oat flour, vanilla powder, bicarb and salt.
- Melt the coconut oil. Add this and the maple syrup to the dry ingredients. Combine to make a dough.
- Put a ball of dough in each tart case (you may need to grease these with a little oil if they are not non-stick). Mould with your fingers to create a suitable case.
- Prick the bases with a fork and put in the over for 5 minutes
- Remove the tray and add the Cham. Put back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool… and enjoy!
Stir, scoop or spread…. how do you CHAM? Show us your creations on Twitter & Instagram (@EatChamUK) using the #WeChammin