There is something so comforting about a dense, chewy flapjack. Whilst the originals are full of golden syrup and dairy, we’ve replaced these ingredients with more nutritious versions that are even tastier than the original. Just a word of warning: these flapjacks are highly moreish, we can’t help going back for one more after the other when we make them!
There are lots of ways to add your Chammy layer to these yummy flapjacks:
- add a layer on top before you bake them
- make a layer of flapjack, a layer of CHAM and a layer of flapjack on top
- add the Cham after baking (we love to dip them in the jar!)
- 300g Oats
- 1 Banana
- 75g Honey
- 50g Date Syrup
- 80g Coconut Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 jar of CHAM
- Pinch Salt
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a baking tray with coconut oil.
- Mash the bananas and melt the coconut oil. Combine with the honey and date syrup.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (oats, vanilla and cinnamon) then mix with the wet.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tray and spoon down. Top with a layer of CHAM, or create a layer of CHAM and top with more flapjack mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a gorgeous golden brown colour.
- Slice up and enjoy! We like to give ours an extra dip in the CHAM jar as we do 🙂
Stir, scoop or spread…. how do you CHAM? Show us your creations on Twitter & Instagram (@EatChamUK) using the #WeChammin